Hello and welcome! Congratulations on choosing to study at Ozford. We would like to extend an invitation for you to take part in Orientation, which is designed to ensure you successfully transition into study.
Please refer to below table for when your Orientation session will take place.
Orientation is important and compulsory. If you are unable to attend during our set dates, please ensure you make contact with us as soon as possible to make alternate arrangements. We look forward to meeting you!
WHAT HAPPENS AT ORIENTATION?
At Orientation, we not only prepare you to become an Ozford student, we make every effort to prepare you in becoming a part of the Melbourne community. We hope that you find Orientation useful and ease any stress that may arise in the face of change – such as living in a different country and/or starting at a new school.
Here is a brief outline of what happens during the Orientation session:
* Completion of Enrolment Forms … to successfully register as an Ozford student
* Student ID Photo
* Enrolment Officer will deliver a presentation which entails:
– Introduction to Ozford
– What to expect as Ozford students
– Outline of rules, policies and procedures
– Academic and support services available to students
– Brief guide to life in Melbourne!
* Timetable issuance
* Receive booklist (if applicable)
* Receive an abundance of student information!
* Campus tour
* Students who are enrolling into English language courses will complete a placement test to ensure they are placed in the appropriate class level.
* Sometimes external guests will be invited to speak to you about support services available in Melbourne
WHAT TO BRING?
* Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) details
* Receipt of school fees paid
* Your contact details (address in Melbourne/home country, phone/mobile numbers, email address, emergency contact details, family details)
* Debit/Credit Card for resource purchasing (if you are commencing Ozford College High School)
WHEN IS MY ORIENTATION SESSION?