Hello and welcome! Congratulations on choosing to study at Ozford Institute of Higher Education, in the heart of Melbourne. We would like to extend an invitation for you to take part in Orientation, which is designed to ensure you successfully transition into study. Attending Orientation will give you the best possible start to your new academic career by allowing you to:
Meet other students, and the academic staff
Learn what a "typical first week" at Ozford involves
Learn about the services available to support your study
Find your way around campus
Feel confident about commencing higher education
2018 Term 1 Orientation date and time:Date: 6 March 2018 Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
|Trimester 1||13 March||6 March|
|Trimester 2||06 August||23 July|
|Trimester 3||26 November||12 November|
|Trimester 1||04 March||18 February|
|Trimester 2||29 July||15 July|
|Trimester 3||18 November||04 November|
- Introduction to the OEG and OIHE including key staff and associated responsibilities
- A welcome exercise to encourage student interaction within the inaugural intake group
- Campus tour, safety and security arrangement including emergency evacuation procedure.
- General information, preparation and expectation on student transition to Higher Education.
- Details of the course, timetable, and teaching staff details including consultation
- Relevant policies, procedures and rules (For eg Academic Integrity)
- Library Induction - Introduction to Harvard Referencing (Librarian) & Introduction to MOODLE and TURNITIN
- Fee related information and contacts for assistance with fee payment.
- Student Visa requirements
- Details of Student Services and Support available
- Information about living in Melbourne, for eg: map of Melbourne city; public transport, help with banking and etc.
- Accommodation options.
- Cultural, safety and other issues associated with living in Australia
- Social clubs and community events available for student participation
- Other support and services available eg. counselling, emergency and health, critical incident response, welfare, legal services,
- advocacy and grievance
- Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) details
- Receipt of school fees paid
- Your contact details (address in Melbourne and home country, phone/mobile numbers, email address, emergency contact details(very important), family details)
Upon arrival in Melbourne, all new students are welcome to visit the college before orientation if they wish to. Students just need to ring the college and speak to the Enrolment Officer to organise a “meet and greet” time.