Professor Clive Morley
Member of the Academic Board
PhD (Melb); MA (Stats) (Melb); BA (Hons) (Melb); DipEd (Melb); DipTheology (ACT)
Professor Clive Morley is the Deputy Head, Research and Innovation at RMIT’s Graduate School of Business and Law. His research interest and expertise is mainly in applied quantitative data analysis as well as tourism demand modelling, forecasting and strategic analysis techniques. He is also an expert in business and management, applied economics, accounting, auditing and accountability, sociology and education systems.
Clive has received funding and research grants to analyse banking services and user perceptions, international benchmarking of entrepreneurial activity and culture, airline alliances and tourism, a work and lifestyle study for the Institute of Chartered Accountants and modelling for the demand for international tourism.
Clive is responsible for learning and teaching policy and practice across RMIT’s MBA, Executive MBA and JD programs. He currently teaches Management Decision Making, MBA Research Project and Research Methods. Clive is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.
Clive was awarded the best journal publication award by the RMIT School of Accounting and an RMIT teaching award for research supervision.
- Morley, C.,Rossello, J.,Santana-Gallego, M. (2014). Gravity models for tourism demand: theory and use. In: Annals of Tourism Research, 48, 1 – 10
- Banerjee, S.,Morley, C. (2013). Professional doctorates in management: toward a practice-based approach to doctoral education In: Academy of Management Learning and Education, 12, 173 – 193
- Morley, C. (2012). Discrete choice analysis and experimental design In: Handbook of Research Methods in Tourism: Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- Morley, C. (2012). Technique and theory in tourism analysis In: Tourism Economics, 18, 1273 – 1286
- Singh, S.,Morley, C. (2011). Gender and financial accounts in marriage In: Journal of Sociology, 47, 3 – 16
- Inglis, R.,Shelly, M.,Morley, C.,De Lange, P. (2011). A collective, undifferentiated accounting profession: an Australian study In: Accounting and Finance, 51, 711 – 731
- Tareq, M.,Bellamy, S.,Morley, C. (2011). Reform of minority shareholder rights: An international perspective In: Corporate Ownership and Control, 9, 60 – 71
- Morley, C. (2009). Dynamics in the specification of tourism demand models In: Tourism Economics, 15, 23 – 39
- Singh, S.,Morley, C. (2009). Young Australians’ privacy, security and trust in internet bankingIn: OZCHI ’09: Proceedings of the 21st Australian Conference on computer-human interaction: Design: Open 24/7, Melbourne, Australia, 23-27 November 2009
- Watty, K.,Bellamy, S.,Morley, C. (2008). Changes in higher education and valuing the job: the views of accounting academics in Australia In: Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 30, 139 – 151